Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How My Baby Is Growing

This week's big developments (babycenter.com) :
My baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck it's thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, it's facial muscles are getting a workout as it's tiny features form one expression after another. The baby's kidneys are producing urine, which releases into the amniotic fluid — a process that keeps up until birth. It can grasp, too, and when i have my ultrasound this Friday, I may even catch my baby sucking it's thumb.

In other news (babycenter.com) :
Mybaby's stretching out. From head to bottom, it measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and it weighs 1 1/2 ounces. It's body is growing faster than it's head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, the baby's arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of it's body. (The legs still have some lengthening to do.) The baby is also starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over it's body. My baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and it's spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells.

Isn't God Amazing!
Every time i get an ultrasound and see that little thing moving around in there, and see it's heart beating just like mine does... It gives me such a sense of awe. To imagine that this little thing is already a life growing everyday inside me just makes me want to *tear up* sometimes. I am grateful for the little miracle that God has given me and my husband. Our love for this baby grows every day. I can hardly wait until i find out what i am having. I still have at least another month before i find out. I will be posting Picture #3 after my appointment on Friday.

Pray!
This Thursday, i will be seeing my liver/pancreas specialist. He will be checking to make sure that all of my enzyme levels are normalized. I also have some very important questions to ask him such as: when my levels are not normal, will that affect the baby at all?
I'll keep you all posted on the results!
Thanks for all of the posts. I love reading them :)

4 comments:

Misti Wiley said...

Breanna,
I am definitely keeping you in my prayers. I am just so happy for you and David. It must be so awesome, knowing that what is inside of you is a miracle. I love you girl. Hope all goes well at your dr. appointment. You going to Camp Meeting at all?

Breanna and David said...

I doubt it... Are you going to West Coast Conference? Me and David have saved up for that.. i'll be so big by then...

Miss T said...

Breanna everything will go well, I know it. You have been doing beautifully so far and I always keep you in my prayers. I can't wait till you find out what you're having too!!! I need to know if I need to buy a tiara or what do you buy a boy? I guess some really cute designer jeans. lol ;0)

Breanna and David said...

HA! Designer jeans would work beautifully i'm sure... i know... what do you buy a boy. A HAT! i want my little boy to wear cute hats :) Now theres an idea...